Sunday, February 15, 2009

Inspiration

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; It is because we do not dare that they are difficult."

I was online researching some quotes ... something I tend to do every now and then ... I wasn't quite sure whether it was just a quote I was looking for or maybe perhaps a speck of inspiration. My life has been feeling so ... stale. No progress has been made since the last time I stopped and looked at the way things are going. I'm not in school today, I didn't go because honestly speaking I couldn't be bothered to go. Is this what it has come to? Change is difficult, yet when I read that quote I felt like I was being a bit of a hypocrite because I always advise my friends to take risks because life doesn't just improve on its own and hell yes I'm right about that yet I never seem to find a way to get up off of my ass and do something about it. WHY? I came to a conclusion. I'm scared. Terrified. As soon as I'm confronted with a problem of any sort I walk out. I don't try to settle it simply because I don't like facing problems in worry that perhaps trying to solve it will end up with me being disappointed or hurt. But don't we all feel that way? Aren't we all afraid of disappointment? Change isn't easy but it's not difficult either. I'll leave you to linger on that thought while I go soak in my own confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment